Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

No!

Trying to get a smile...sorry the picture is dark.
Fun in the laundry basket
Wes took his phone away from spoiled boy...Jay fell apart....Wes gave the phone back...Jay took it but was still completely offended...Wes laid down beside him for moral support
Jay stole daddy's drink and took a walk around the park
Standing on the table pouring all of the chips out....me sighing and hanging my head
Posing for the camera
I didn't post this with the others but I thought it was so cute....."MiMi, don't go!!"
I have been slack on pictures this week, one because I lost the camera for a few days, two because unless you wanted picture after picture of Jay getting in trouble, there wasn't much to see. He has learned that when we say "no" he has a decision to make...to obey or not to obey. Unfortunately, he has decided the "not to obey" option more times than I can count. So, as a result, popping of hands and scolding are now the norm in this house. And like any bona-fide drama king, he absolutely falls apart after he is so undeservingly punished. So, we are in a competition right now to see which one of us is the most stubborn and much to his dismay, I am determined to show him who is boss (as if I will actually ever win that argument). I was thinking this week how great it would be if I could just send him to "toddler training school" like you can with your dog. Just drop him off on a Monday and by Friday he is a new child, one who thrives on obeying commands and who's only goal is to please me. Oh how wonderful that would be!
And if the whole "no is a suggestion" thing wasn't enough, he can climb!!! Which means when I put the phone (or knife) on the table to get it away from him...no biggie...he will simply find a chair, push it over to where he wants it, and climb to the forbidden object. In fact, he prefers to get things off of counters himself rather than try to tell me what he wants. The other day we were over at Katie and Larry's having supper and instead of pointing to the chips, he just climbed up on the table and grabbed some himself. Not to mention that I cannot talk on the phone with him anywhere in sight unless I want a 20min fight over who holds it because he is certain that it is only his phone. So I am about to call in Super Nanny and see if she can just come do my job for me.
And by the way, today Wes and I have been married 6 years!!!
Walking on the beach (this is a sequel to the one several months back of him crawling down the beach)....again, he is loving his freedom.

2 comments:

  1. (Late) Happy Anniversary! I laughed and laughed some more at this entry, esp. the part about obedience school. Hope y'all had a nice Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me know when you find the 'toddler training school'....we'll pay anything! hehe!! Miss you guys!!! Cannot believe how 'grown up' Jay is getting!!!

    ReplyDelete