Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mothers

Mom,

As I was looking at these old pictures I relived some of the best days of my life. For some reason, God chose to give you the three most stubborn people in the world to be your family and, somehow, you continued to love and nurture us every day. Through the fighting, crying, pouting...hugs, kisses, and laughter....games, jokes, spend-the-night parties...you always made us feel so important and loved. I was wondering today why I don't tell you how much you mean to me more often and after seeing these pictures I realized, we are usually just too busy having fun!

Some of my favorites memories are...

-Listening to you talk as I feel asleep on your lap

-Hearing your laugh from anywhere in the house

-You bringing me saltines and coke when I was sick

-The day you taught me how to shave my legs and the "right" way to put on blush

-Going to Taco Bell every time Dad was out of town (like it was our special place)

-Laughing uncontrollably at absolutely nothing (usually with Dad and Kurt rolling their eyes in the background)

-Coming home after some of the saddest days at school and KNOWING that you would be there waiting to give me the hug I so desperately needed (I came home often in college pretending to want a free meal knowing that I really just wanted my mama's arms around me saying "I love you so much"....you will never know what those impromptu hugs mean to me)

-Seeing how beautiful you were at my wedding

-That first week that Jay was born and you stayed with me, being my rock, as I tried to be a mom for the first time in my life

-The relief I felt that day in January when you told me you would quit your job so that you could come help me anytime I need you...and I can't wait to start our monthly adventures.

And so, here is a glimpse of my favorite memories of us. And mom, I don't know what I would do without you.

to me, you've always been the prettiest lady in the world... Remember the shark we saw from the air!!! I loved having you by my side that day.
Two women that showed me how to live life with dignity and grace...my mom and my sweet Granny June
Proud moments...
Fun days...
Goofy days...
Three generations...
A mom loved by her children
PS. Wouldn't Granny June have loved the blog! It probably would have crashed after all of the pictures she would make me upload though. :)

1 comment:

  1. And Happy Mother's Day to the most wonderful daughter in the whole wide world. Thanks for finding me the BEST son-in-law in the whole world, and having me the most percious grandson in the whole wide world. You are all loved so very very much!!Mama.

    ReplyDelete