Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mothers

I couldn't help but be taken in by Wes' old pictures today. Mrs. Lynn, I know that it is rare for a son to tell his mom how he feels about her. I always roll my eyes when we pick out Mother's Day cards and he goes straight to the funny ones. I say, "why don't you get a sweet one?" and he says, "they just aren't me". And you know that is so true. But, I see much he loves you in those quiet moments when we talk about our parents getting older and he has to look away at the mention of you. And how he becomes so protective of you anytime you are hurting. And the look in his eyes when he sees you as we pull up to your house on our visits to GA. And the way he talks about his sweetest childhood memories of camping trips with more food and supplies than an army would need, playing way to many jokes on you, his favorite meals, your constant presence even in the small things, difficult conversations that he always knew you would bring a calm to, going to work with you at VSU, and then helping you build the centers...he is so proud of you and all that you have accomplished. It is the kind of love I pray Jay has for me one day. So, thank you, from me, for raising such a precious son and for always being there for both of us unconditionally. You are so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment