Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Friday, July 3, 2009

To catch you up...

Well Wednesday was Wes' first day at work as a real doctor. He was pretty nervous but they eased him in and it wasn't as stressful. I think today was bad though because he texted me that it has been "chaotic"....I guess that's ICU for ya though. The past two days have just been me and Jay. It is much harder to find things to do when you are the only adult trying to keep a 4 month old entertained. I feel like he gets bored with me so I am trying to come up with more to do. I am working on getting a video up that we made yesterday. I started uploading at 5:30 yesterday and it is still working. I'll post it when its done. It is almost 3 minutes so there is no telling how long it will take to download. It is evidence that Jay does NOT like tummy time. We are doing it more often though so he can build up his neck muscles. I am hoping he will roll over soon if we keep at it. Anyway, the video is pretty funny. Jay is doing more things every week. Lately he wants to touch faces all the time. If I am holding him (or anyone else is holding him), he will grab at eyes, nose, mouth, whatever he can get. You have to just hold his hands if you want him to stop. Dad said he grabbed his teeth the other day and pulled him over. He also grabs my hair, no, not just grabs....yanks my hair, at every opportunity. Even when I pull it back, he manages to find enough to pull. I know why mom's cut their hair short! He is also getting interested in our food. He is not supposed to start rice/baby foods until 6 months but I think he would love it if we started feeding him now. I can't wait to do that, I think it will be so fun to watch him. He is starting this new thing when he gets excited about something. He raises his arms straight out and just shakes them. He shakes them so hard until his whole upper body is shaking and his eyes get so wide. It is really funny. And of course, he is laughing more now. A long, deep belly laugh is still a rare surprise but he giggles pretty easily. He is ticklish too so that helps. The faithful trick for a big laugh is a high pitched bark. The first laugh was when Dixie, Carrie's Maltese was barking, and we had another good one when Jay saw Aunt Judy's shiatsu the other day. And a human imitating a dog works too (discovered when mom and I sacrificed our dignity to get out a good laughing episode). If Wes would not move out, I would go get a small annoying dog to just bark at Jay. I think I will stop for now. I am trying to catch up from being gone last week. By the way, Wes got home at 9:00 last night after leaving at 5:45am. I guess residency has officially started!

1 comment:

  1. How hard did I laugh here @ 2am reading about how Wes would move out if you got a small dog for Jay to laugh @!! Loving the blog, and hope y'all have a great 4th!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete