Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Granny Curry

Today my wonderful grandmother turns 80 years young! Here is a picture of her with Jay a few months ago. Wes and I wish that Jay could have met all of our grandparents but are so thankful that he knows Granny Curry and Papa Flagler and hope that he will be able to make memories as sweet as we have with them over the next few years. Every summer, Kurt, Josh, and I would spend a couple of weeks in Palatka with Granny and Papa and it was the highlight of our year. Between tractor rides, feeding the cows, working in the barn, going to Sea World and the Alligator Farm, fishing under the bridge (especially when papa would back his truck all the way into the water with us in the bed screaming with laughter), and ending each day with a huge bowl of ice cream, we thought we had found the best place on earth! I can't wait to tell Jay all of these stories. As much as I believe that we had the best grandparents in the world, I know that Jay will think the same thing about his and will count down the days until he can go to visit them just like we did with ours. I thank God for giving us the joy of grandparents, there is nothing like it. Happy Birthday Granny, we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment