Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Friday, July 31, 2009

A long week of driving...

I am back in the land of the living after a week long excursion with Jay. My grandmother recently had surgery so Jay and I went to check on her and I decided to make a week out of it. We stopped and saw several people along the way so that the trip was not horrible. Jay did great. I was so proud. We saw all of the grandparents, aunts and uncles, and of course, Granny Curry. Wes missed us but I am sure he enjoyed the break. As tired as I am everyday, he comes home so much more exhausted and then has to listen to a fussy baby. Jay is sitting up by himself now and is so cute doing it. He has always preferred to sit upright, even as a newborn so the idea of doing it all by himself is very exciting to him...until he looses focus and falls over. Depending on his mood, it is anywhere from a minor setback to "the world has fallen apart" drama. Wes was amazed at the difference from a week ago. Now, he seems like a little boy instead of a baby. He still gets very excited about eating. He knows when I sit him in the bumbo on the table and put his bib on that food is coming. He starts shaking his arms and holding them out. Today, he was squealing at me as I mixed the cereal. I think he is getting bored with just rice and oatmeal so we bought some bananas and applesauce today. I can't wait to see what he does then. I'll post some pics of the past week and of the nursery. I forgot to do that before. By the way, we bought a canoe today so now we can get out on the pond and explore! Jay will get some use out of his lifejacket...hopefully, he will be able to look past the uncomfortable padding and enjoy watching the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment