Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Friday, August 7, 2009

Almost 6 months...

Fun with my sweet boy!
Studying his pacifier...
Watching us eat.
Sorry for the lack of posting lately, there is a good reason though...Wes is now on a much easier rotation so he is home a lot more! He leaves around 8am and gets home about 3:30pm. So, the days go by much faster and I don't get my usual "morning blog time." It is great having him home again though. :) We have not done a lot this week other than house stuff. Wes bought a canoe and is repainting it (the previous owner did a not so great job of make-shift camouflage). We took a ride with Jay in it the other day but he did not enjoy himself. Mainly because he was in a thick life jacket in 95 degree weather. Hopefully, as it cools off, he will have a better time. he did enjoy watching the water since that is his new obsession right now. We are almost where he can sit in the real tub without falling over and he will love that. The baby tub is just too small for his need of kicking and splashing as much as possible. I was in a hurry last night and didn't let him play for a long in the tub and he SCREAMED at me for about 15 min. Not a sad cry, but an angry yelling. I guess he is learning how to exhibit different emotions now, which may not be a good thing. ;) Also, he is sitting up like a champ! He loves this new position and will sit and play for as long as I let him. The other day, he got really quiet and after about 10min I went to check on him He was just sitting up, staring at the blanket. He didn't care that his toys had stopped singing or that he was by himself. I think playtime will be much easier! His favorite word now is "ba" and he says it over and over in a very serious tone, like he is honestly trying to tell us something very important. The other sounds he makes are more playful and sweet but not this one. I guess it is just his way of exploring his voice capabilities. I have been telling Wes that I want to get a video of him sitting up but I forget when he is doing it. I will try and get one this weekend. For some reason, he has been waking up at night again. He always has a dirty diaper so I can't just stick the pacifier in and let him drift back off to sleep. By the time I undress and change him, he is wide awake and angry which makes it a battle to go back to sleep. I hope this is just a phase and will soon be over. I am not used to waking up at night anymore! Today, Wes' parents are coming up to visit. They are keeping Jay tonight and Wes and I are having a date night! That will be so nice. I forget how great it is to sit in a restaurant and just focus on the meal, rather than keeping a baby from screaming. Jay will be six months next week! I can't believe that he is halfway to a year. I know the next several months will be so fun watching him start to crawl, talk, and eventually walk! I am sure there will be many pictures to come. I posted a few that I took this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment