Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

6 months old!

Sleeping on the way home. I love love love his smile!!!
Sorry, again, for a slow week of updates. Honestly, there really hasn't been anything to "write home about" literally. Jay is still pooping everywhere and manages to make that obvious to everyone when we go out in public but I feel like that's what all of my stories are about so I will spare you. :) There have been small (no less exciting) changes over the last few weeks. He is more aware of Jake and grabs at his nose and eyes all of the time. Jake doesn't care, he just moves his head around when Jay starts to bother him. I am so thankful he has a gentle spirit since Jay has no concern for the dog's comfort. I can tell they are going to be great friends soon! Jay is learning new things to do with his toys besides jabbing them straight into his mouth. He is learning that they make sounds and light up and that usually brings a big smile to his face. He isn't quite sure what to do to make them talk/sing but loves when they "surprise" him. He also wants to drink and eat what Wes and I have- to the point that he was screaming at Wes the other night when he couldn't drink out of his cup. He would grab it, open his mouth, and try to figure out how to get it around the cup. Then he would just get mad when it didn't work. Our game right now is "peek-a-boo" and we play it all day. He gets so excited when I cover him up and then snatch the blanket off. It is funny to watch him anticipate being covered up because his eyes start to quint and he gets a thrilled expression on his face -- like if you are on a roller coaster and your about to go down the hill. His naps are better now too, they are more predictable and last 1 to 1 1/2 hours. That gives me more time to get things done (mainly reading the Twilight series that I have become completely addicted too). I am on the last book so I guess by the weekend I will start being domestic again when he naps. It's a good thing Wes doesn't mind the house being sloppy -- I am usually the neat freak but I can't manage to keep away from the book long enough to get anything done. Wes' mom is ordering a program to teach me and Jay baby sign language and I am really excited about that. I have heard that it is wonderful for learning what your baby needs before they can really tell you. I think that is all. I am going to try and post some videos of our playtime yesterday. Jay is not as expressive as usual because he was distracted by the camera. I keep meaning to let Wes film while we play so that you can really see how much fun he is having but by the time Wes gets home Jay is usually more irritable so we can't catch as many laughs. Oh, and the point of my post today---Jay is officially 6 months! I can't believe I don't have a newborn anymore. We will be throwing his 1 year b-day party before I know it. I am sure there will be a ton to post over the next few months. I am so excited to see the milestones he will meet but am trying to enjoy each moment. I can already tell I will be looking back to this time and wishing he was a baby and I could cuddle with him again. Of course, living in a fog the first 3 months was annoying...the lack of sleep will not be missed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment