Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Eating....Lowes....Sleeping (life in the day of a baby)

Don't question a baby and his rice cereal!
Passed out after shopping. Trip to Lowes....Jay is very serious about this. There's a little grin!
Playing with my lunch.
Watching CMT.....see dad, I'm raising him right!
Jay is changing every day in one way or another and it is so fun (and funny) to watch his little brain figure out more about this world. He drops toys on the floor constantly, then looks down to see where they went. He does not get tired of doing this no matter how many times it hits the floor. He is still gumming everything, but no teeth yet. We started him on bananas a few days ago and he likes them. He really doesn't seem to prefer them over the rice or oatmeal...I think he just likes eating from a spoon, regardless of the food. In fact, he would rather just tip the bowl up and drink it straight - bypass the spoon all together. I posted a picture of this below. He never has been one to take his time eating and I guess this is more efficient. :) He is officially in the "noisy" stage now. Anything and everything is more fun if it sings, lights up, or even if he can just force a racket of some kind. The other day we were eating lunch and he had a rattle (nothing unusual), however, he decides the rattle itself is just not loud enough. So, beating the rattle on the table seemed much more fun. Not really a problem except that we were in a semi-quiet restaurant and the echo off of the table was getting obnoxious quickly. Before we had an audience, I replaced his toy with my bag of chips and let him go at it again (much more civilized)....I did have crumbs for lunch though....the sacrifices I make. ;) I have been taking random pictures of him "making some noise" this week. He has discovered my and Wes' toys too...the computer, cell phone, and remote control. He refuses to be within 5 feet of them and not lunge with all of his strength to get them. This is a problem for me since I did the majority of my emailing/internet browsing while holding him. No matter what he is doing (eating, sleeping, etc) he is immediately distracted. The computer he loves because he can bang on the keys and, you guessed it, make some noise himself. After a few days of this, I decided he was probably close to breaking my lifeline to the outside "non-baby" world so I put a stop to it. We did get him a piano, which he seems to like, not nearly as much as MY toys though! That's about all for now. Oh, here is a video of Jay and Blues Clues playing. Jay smiles every time we play with this. It pretty cute! Also, I put up some more pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment