Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Roly Poly

5 month present...
It has been a busy weekend! Jay rolled over for the first time on Saturday night. He was rolling 3/4 of the way all week so I knew it was just a matter of time. It took 6 adults on the floor cheering him on to convince him he wanted to. Ever since, he rolls over almost as soon as I put him on the floor. I got one on camera today but he was taking his time so I will try to catch a faster one and post it. He still thinks that coughing is hilarious. He is over the high pitched bark so now I just cough to get him to laugh (not quite as embarrassing). We were able to get him laughing for my mom and dad Sat night on skype and Wes' mom and dad last night. He has gone from playing with his tongue to experimenting with his lips. He will blow and spit with them constantly. It is really funny but usually ends up with both he and I soaked in saliva. :) I am going to post a video today that we took last week. Wes and I were eating and Jay entertained us through dinner. We aren't sure what he was talking about but he was very excited about it. The video is just a short clip but he "talked" the whole time we ate. I am very excited that Jay is now eating every 4 hours! He was supposed to be able to do that at 3 1/2-4 months but adamantly refused. I was afraid that he would not spread his feedings until we started him on baby food but thank goodness he finally agreed that he would not starve to death by waiting a little while longer. Once the pediatrician confirmed that he was not undernourished, I didn't feel guilty about making him wait. Actually though, he made the transition with little pushing from me. I know this is not the most interesting topic for you but I am very excited. It is hard trying to run errands and have a social life on a strict 3 hour cycle. :) Well, today is Wes' day off so we are trying to decide what to do. I think we will just go to Walmart (we lead such an exciting life) and get more toys for Jay. Now that he is more mobile, little rattles will not do. I'll let you know when I post the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment