Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Eli Wesley Ross!!!!!


























Well here are the first of our many pictures with Eli!!  I think they speak for themselves. :) He was 6lbs 12oz and 19in long. Perfect from head to toe! It has been a wonderful past 24hours as we have been able to snuggle, kiss, and play with our miracle. He looks A LOT like Jay (surprise, surprise!) even though we have all noticed little things that are different with them. The first thing Wes said when Eli came out screaming mad was, "Gosh, that looks just like Jay!"  The the peach fuzz, dark blue eyes, and big hands are identical and the expressions are mirror images of Jay's. I am going to have to label these pictures so I don't get them confused in a few years.

The birth went very smoothly, we checked in at 6am, started pitocin at 7am, coasted for several hours as everything progressed, and at 1259 he made his appearance!  He is healthy and content! So content, in fact, that I have spent the entire morning thinking something must be wrong with him because he has hardly cried and just wants to sleep. Most of you know that Jay came out screaming and never stopped!  I just don't know what to do with a baby that opens his eyes, looks around, lets me put him down, and goes right back to sleep all without a single complaint. I was actually trying to make him mad last night so he would eat but he was not bothered in the least. And I know that this can all change as quick as I blink my eyes but for now he is a one laid back little boy!

Jay is very excited about "his" baby brother and within the first hour of meeting him had 3 requests. One, to "pet baby brother", two, to "hold baby brother", and three, to "wrestle with baby brother."  I had to object to the last one for obvious reasons. With family here Jay is very entertained and really doesn't bother Eli too much but I am anxious to see how he will do once we are home and things are calmer. Hopefully he will stay true to his word and be my "helper."  We are going home tomorrow so I will try to keep posting updates as he changes from day to day. And thank you for your prayers and sweet congrats over the last couple of days!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations and welcome Eli! We can't wait to meet you. SOOOOO glad the delivery went smoothly - God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, yay!! I cannot wait to see him in person! And I love seeing his little warm, cozzy Christmas sleeper that I gave you! SO fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete