Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

The countdown begins!! Tomorrow is the day!

Wild man jumping off the couch onto his bean bag

The harder he landed, the harder he laughed

He kept moving it further from the couch, no fear in this child

"Santa Clause!!!"

Waiting in line. We took Jay to the zoo Monday night to see Santa again.

Giving me his "smarty pants" face after I told him to be still

Sooooo excited!

Jay sprinted over to Santa as fast as he could and gave us a giant smile

When Santa asked what he wanted for Christmas he said, "ummmm, a candy cane! (same as he did with the one in Helen) and a ball!" (to bad his mama nixed balls and trucks from her shopping list to make room for more educational gifts).

Attempting a family photo

This was Santa's idea....???

We always have to stop and milk the cow when we walk through the barn

Pointing at the lights!





Trying to figure out the snow machine

One more thing we have to do every trip to the zoo

They only had marshmallows this year so Wes and I decided it wasn't worth doing without the chocolate....but Jay insisted that we "make smores"

So we pulled a stick out of the trash and let him have at it

This boy loves playing with fire....Lord help us!
These are the pictures from this week....and my next post will have another addition! Tomorrow we will have Eli and I have been a nervous wreck this week. Last night I actually slept for a few hours at a time which was a nice change from a few minutes at a time!  Not to mention my car decided to fall apart so it has been in the shop since Monday....it would happen the week that I have a ton of stuff to do. And the nice men at the car shop just don't get it when I say that I REALLY need a car to do the million of things to be done before I have MY BABY Friday!!!  I had the truck all day yesterday but I told Wes just to take it to work today because I need to be home anyway getting things cleaned and ready for Eli. If my car was here I would probably just say forget it and go shopping...as the story went yesterday.

Mom is coming up this afternoon so I know she can kick me into shape and help get things done. So, as the plan goes, we will get to the hospital at 6am tomorrow and the process will begin around 8am when my doctor comes to see me. I am hoping it doesn't take all day and that we have a baby by mid afternoon but it all depends on how I respond to the Pitocin. I went pretty fast with Jay after they started the meds but I was further along so the doctor said it could go either way. And I know none of it will matter when I am holding him in my arms. It's amazing how, when I am telling the story of Jay's birth, I have to think back and ask Wes a lot of details because I have just forgotten or get things confused. But one thing I have never forgotten is the sound of his first cry after I delivered and how it felt to see his eyes, nose, mouth, fingers, toes, every part of him. I thought, "I have never seen anything more beautiful than this face." And to think that tomorrow I will have that feeling again makes all of my concerns and complaints seem nonexistent. So please think of us tomorrow and we will be sure to post a picture as soon as we can!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you Shannon and can't wait to see photos of your new addition! Hoping for a fast and 'painless' delivery...you'll be in our thoughts and prayers!! And sending you lots of love!
    Sara & George

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally caught up on all the blogs...you've done so well keeping up with your posts since Eli was born! I had to comment on this one b/c that pic of Santa touching your stomach is the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. Merry Christmas to y'all!

    ReplyDelete