Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Friday, December 23, 2011

2 weeks old!

Eli had his 2 week well check yesterday. He is 7lbs 1oz, 22in long!  Everything is right on track and the doctor said he looks perfect. Nothing new to talk about, he is still eating and sleeping a lot and is getting cuter by the day. :)  I am starting to see the differences between him and Jay as he changes and develops his own look...which is just precious. I think he may have my hazel eyes because I see hints of green/brown when the light hits them just right...only time will tell.

Jay has toned the "i need my mommy" attitude down a bit and is still so sweet with Eli. A few minutes ago he ran over to him, put his arms around him, and said, "the monsters are coming! I need to hold Eli so they don't get him." A few minutes later he looked at me and said, "I need to wrestle with Eli" so, again, I explained why that wouldn't really be the best idea at this point. But he was satisfied knowing that when Eli is bigger they can wrestle all they want to. It is really cute how Eli loves looking at Jay. When he is getting a little fussy and I need a minute or two to finish something, Jay goes over to him and talks to him. He immediately calms down and just stares at Jay, completely calm.

Jay has been pretty good about me nursing Eli, considering that takes up about 8 hours a day!  And he will usually cooperate when I tell him to wait until I get done feeding baby brother. And since he is "Mr Independent" anyway, he jumps at the chance to do something all by himself, which is my solution to most things he asks about when I'm nursing. Jay was so excited yesterday when I said I needed him to help me take Eli to the doctor. He ran and got his "Dr kit" and said he needed to get his shot out. The doctors office was super busy so we had to wait a while but Jay sat right there with me and stayed quiet the whole time.

I am realizing every day how big Jay is, how old he is getting. It breaks my heart a little to know he is a "big boy" now but is also so sweet to see him grow into a little person who is learning to solve "complex" problems and show more abstract thinking...for an almost 3 year old, anyway. That's it for now, I will get Christmas morning pics up after the weekend.

Opening presents from Mimi before she left. Jay was beginning his normal downward spiral of emotions that night until I mentioned presents.

He instantly did a 180 and exclaimed, "presents! yea, let's open presents!"

After his were gone he helped the rest of us open ours...

Jay started to help us clean but somehow I ended up doing most of the work

Maybe it was because he was distracted when he decided to wear the trash instead of throw it away


Eli was very excited about his presents...

Look at that pudgy little face!

The best for last, Jay was so excited about this one from Mimi!


"It's a big work truck!!!"

picking up trash with his new toy

he spent most of yesterday digging in his sandbox outside...when he came in he said, "i was working hard, mom. i had to dig all that sand up!"

if he keeps "working hard" this will be my new favorite toy too!

Eli's first bath!

he wasn't thrilled about this milestone

getting over it

now that's better



i just couldn't resist another picture of my sweetie sleeping

his first official piece of mail!

loving on baby eli this morning


No comments:

Post a Comment