Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Monday, June 7, 2010

Ponds are gross!

Nasty dog, nasty baby makes nasty mom "smile jay, this is fun!"
Jay's girlfriend Katie....he gives her more kisses than anyone
He's not convinced this is supposed to be fun.
No clothes on but notice he still is sporting his fav shoes.
You might be a redneck if...
Splash!
He's looking up at Wes here....happy as can be.
More splashing!
Brave Daddy going into the bug-infested water for his spoiled son.
Our sweet boy entertaining our demanding boy.
Throwing the ball for Jake...who is usually disappointed by the short distance it takes to fetch the ball.....Kurt I need you to work on getting Jay's throwing skills up to Jake's liking. :)
As you can see Jay is still crazy about the pond and I, a true city girl, am not so excited about him swimming in the yucky pond everyday. However, he loves it and Wes is willing to get wet with him so, for now, I will let him be a boy. I am trying to get him to enjoy the pool just as much but it is taking some persuasion. He isn't crazy about the colder water and that he can't gradually walk in on his terms. I will keep on trying though since I am much happier when he is in a body of water that I can see the bottom of! Not to mention that when he comes over and crawls all over me the yucky pond water won't get all over ME too.
We have been outside more than inside lately and Jay is much easier to entertain that way, thank goodness. He will just walk out and down the stairs when he feels like it and I get to finish what I am working on inside. He can't open the sliding door yet so I do know when he goes outside but I have a feeling it's just a matter of time before he is out the door before I know it. Which is why I am so glad, as much as it broke my heart to write the insane check at the time, that we have a fence. There is no doubt in my mind that he would prance right on over to the pond and I would be a nervous wreck trying to keep an eye on him constantly. Usually he walks straight down to the gate door then, seeing that it won't open, will walk back to the sandbox and start playing.
On to a new subject, he is getting a right molar in which will make tooth #7. He took forever to get the first 6 and I guess will take even longer to get the rest in. Molars, I've heard, are worse than the others since they are bigger so we are back on the Motrin/Tylenol train....oh what did we do before this wonderful medication!
I guess that is all the new stuff for now. The video is him giving you all kisses. He does this on skype with his grandparents all of the time so I thought it's only fair to share his slobbery kisses with all of our friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment