Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Boo-Boo's and Goose eggs...

Brushing his teeth...I bought him a real toothbrush and after I gave it to him last night he walked around the house like this for about 20min. I was afraid I would have to let him sleep with it because every time I tried to take it away, his world would fall apart. I think he is watering the plant....I hope it likes milk.
This is our little rhinoceros....apparently the forehead can only take so much abuse until it swells up like a balloon.
Sleeping in his new recliner....notice the forehead again....every time he fell for about 2 days he managed to hit in the exact same spot....the final straw was when he slammed into the edge of the coffee table on Sun afternoon....the coffee table is now disassembled and under the bed.
Watching as Wes built his new sandbox. We didn't know how he would react to power tools but absolutely fell in love....he is his father's son.
This is a perfect example of his utter amazement...and about the cutest picture I've ever seen
"Helping" daddy...
Having some fun now that the work is over.
Now that I am looking at these pictures...if you look from bottom to top, you can see the progression of the "goose-egg" through the weekend's mishaps...poor thing.
Playing in the sandbox and with his new beach chair.
Playing with a dog his own size.
Ironically, it seems like the better Jay walks, the more injuries gets...no matter how much toddler-proofing I do (which I've decided is just a marketing scheme to trick naive new parents that they have any control over the well-being of their children). The main reason, I think, is because he becomes over-confident in his abilities to do just about anything. He watches older kids run, jump, and climb and immediately tries to do the same thing. It's like now that he knows he can walk, he thinks nothing is impossible. Putting antibiotic ointment on his many scrapes and bruises is a nightly routine now. As well as giving him motrin and tylenol for the headaches that follow the numerous head bumps. It is amazing what his tiny body can endure and that he still doesn't seem to have an ounce of fear in him.
We went shopping this weekend for a chair so Jay could have one of his own. He has been sitting on the dog for the last several weeks and I think Jake is pretty tired of being a personal chair. We found a plastic outdoor chair which we put by the pond to use when he is fishing with Wes. Then I found a precious beach chair that I had to have (this goes back and forth from the sand box to the back porch. And as we were leaving, I saw a child's recliner that I couldn't resist. So, now Jay has more chairs than we do but he has had a good time testing them all out.
We are getting ready for Wes' parents to come and visit this weekend and I am very excited about getting some babysitters so I can catch up on random things I have neglected. Also, I think Wes and I will fit a date night in too! And Jay will love seeing them again, especially now that he is not pitiful with a cold.
That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure will have some stories after our fun with Mama Ross and Papa Tim! See you guys soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment