Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Jay's Favorite Things

Eating a candy cane on the way back home.... Playing in the wagon my uncle jerry built for him....hence the super cool go cart tires. :)
Of course Jay would think pushing it is more fun than riding.
Jay crawled into Jake's cage and daddy followed....
Breaking out
Mom and Dad put Jay in a tree for a quick photo shoot. I love this one
Laughing with my Papa and Granny Curry
Jay loved Papa's walker.....we all had to take turns walking with him all over the front yard
Here are some pics from our trip to GA and a few since we've been back at home. It is Friday and we are finally getting back on schedule. Jay slept with our parents while he stayed with them so it took a few nights of convincing before we was willing to sleep in his crib again and then some serious crying in the middle of the night before he eventually gave up and got himself back to sleep. Maybe by next week I'll be able to lay him down while he's still awake and him peacefully fall asleep on his on (as was the case before we left). It also took a few days before he accepted that I was the only one in the house with him, to his dismay. The first two mornings he walked around to every room, peeking in and saying, "yaayaayaa!" waiting for someone to jump out and play with him. When that never happened he had the meltdown of all meltdowns. After that, Katie dropped by and he desperately climbed into her arms and gave her about 50 kisses as if to say, "Thank you! I was so bored with mama!" Now, however, he is doing better and as decided that he'll settle for boring me. :)
This week, for me at least, it has been so nice to get the house organized again and be on a normal schedule. I have made a few observations about Jay as well. These, I've determined are his favorite things....
1) The lady on the progressive commericals (Dad actually told me about this infatuation when we got back from our trip). Literally every time she comes on he walks to the tv smiling and clapping...and is completely giddy afterwards...I'm pretty sure she is his first love.
2) The wheel on the price is right. When he hears the sound he jumps up and is mesmerized by it.
3) Being chased. He knows that Wes is the best at this so as soon as he gets home, Jay starts "egging him on" and they run around the house screaming and laughing for as long as Wes can keep up.
4) Brushing his teeth...really. As soon as I put the toothpaste on the brush he smiles and opens his mouth. While I'm brushing he "sings" and bites the brush. I think he would let me brush them for hours.
5) Pressing buttons on my cell phone, the gps, the remote....this has been an obsession since he was born and I am still waiting for him to grow out of it.
6) Feeding Jake. He has always liked to feed Jake but this week he has started something else. He sits down beside Jake's dog food bowl and takes each piece out and feeds him. I was nervous about Jay eating them until he put one his is mouth and just about vomited it out...he has not tried again. This morning, Jake was in my bathroom while I was getting ready and Jay walked into the kitchen, got a piece of dog food from the bowl, and brought it to Jake...it was so cute.
7) Riding in the red wagon....especially when he and Wes ride in it together down the hill in our neighborhood. Last night we spent a while walking up the hill, getting in the wagon, and zooming down the hill faster than I could run.
8) Dogs, of any size. He makes a bee-line for them, no matter where we are....I really have to watch him when we are at the park or any outdoor area because he will be half way to a dog before I notice and of course doesn't realize that all dogs aren't as easy going as our sweetheart.
9) Motorcycles. This favorite thing was discovered as we were eating ice cream at the outdoor shopping center this week. Jay saw it park and practically sprinted across the yard. Wes had to stand there with him (his mouth dropped to the ground) until the motorcycle was no longer moving or making sounds. And it was a repeat of this when the man got back on it and drove away.
I think I posted a similiar blog several months ago. I'll have to look back and see how many things are different now that he is a "big boy." Well, Jay is determined to type on the computer so I am going to finish up. I had pictures to post from this week but I can't find them on the camera so I'll post those with the next one.

1 comment:

  1. Love all the new pictures, and the new updates. Thanks, Shannon! Love U, Mama.

    ReplyDelete