Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New adventures

Coming down the slide....not very happily.
Trying to tear the house apart...literally. He pulled on this as hard as he could and then sat down and cried because he couldn't tear it up. Very happy about finding my car keys.
Wes was in the canoe Monday and was getting ready to come in as Jay and I watched from the yard. A wasp was flying around him and he went into a panic, flailing around trying to get the wasp off of him, which was funny in itself until the canoe flipped over sending him, head first, into the pond. I laughed until my stomach hurt and then ran in to get the camera. :) As you can see, he is soaking wet.
"Can I come in??"
Getting ready for the canoe ride in his big boy life jacket.
Sweeping the floor for me....and surprised about whatever he found I guess.
Still working on the "feeding himself" part.
And still not making too much progress. :)
Trying cotton candy at the Funday Sunday.
I can't tell by his face whether he likes it but, you know him, he went right back for another taste anyway.
Bubbles!
This is his "thinking" face...
Sand!
Right after we got there he jumped out of Harriet's arms and explored on his own terms.
The gang.
I never think to take pictures of him sleeping so here he his....sweet as can be...napping on the couch
The next 3 are from Aunt Charlene from his birthday weekend singing with Papa Rich. I thought they were precious!
Here are several pictures from the weekend. Our church had a "Funday Sunday" with all kinds of activities for the kids (jumpy houses, fair rides, music, toddlertown, and a lot of food) so we spent Sunday afternoon playing. Jay is in the in between stage right now- easily bored with baby toys but not quite big enough for true toddler games- so it was a challenge finding something he could really get into.....that was until we found the sand boxes and bubbles....then he was in hog heaven. We started at Toddler town which had small bouncy houses. Wes put Jay in one as we watched from the side to see what he would do. At first he was very curious, smiled, and tried to stand up but there were kids a little bit bigger jumping around just enough to make him change his mind and head for the exit. I was glad he knew to how to get out....I was scared he would just fall down and start crying and Wes would have to crawl in there and get him....and I really didn't want to be THAT family. :)
Then, Wes wanted to take him on the slide....the one that said you had to be "so" tall to ride which Jay did not qualify for (should have been a sign) but we were curious to see how he would do with Wes. So, they went for it and poor Jay was scared to death and screamed all the way down.....not there yet either.
After two failed attempts at making him happy we went down a few notches and let him play with the "new" toddlers under a tent with pull up toys. Here he found a truck and after pushing it half way across the field- running over any poor toddler in his way- we decided he was maybe too active for this area.
Then, Jane found the sand box and as soon as he saw it jumped in and was digging in the sand like a pro. After that he spent some time splashing in the pool full of bubbles and the rest of the day was a piece of cake.
Today Hannah and I are going to take the boys to a toddler bouncy house in town that apparently we can get in and bounce with them until they get the hang of it so we will see how that goes!
Otherwise we are just spending a lot of time outside and trying to not tear the house completely apart.....oh, and on one last note (and in my attempt to get sympathy)...
Yesterday I decided I would make a BBQ Chicken Pizza that I found online and had been looking forward to for several days. I spent an hour carefully slicing all of the toppings, cooking the chicken, sauteing the onions, bacon, and apples and arranging it so that it looked just like you were at a restaurant....making little patterns with the chicken and tomatoes. Wes and Jay were playing in the living room and I was just about to add some final touches from the spice cabinet before putting it in the oven when I heard the pizza sheet sliding off of the counter....I turned around and saw Jay pulling it off and ALL of my precious work falling on him and the kitchen floor! My first reaction was to just scream which sent Wes into a panic thinking something happened to Jay. This also scared poor Jay so bad that he started wailing....lying on the floor with pizza all over him....it really was a terrible sight. So, Wes picked him up and tried to comfort him while I had to fight back tears and the urge to just fall on the floor and wail with him. And so, my pretty pizza was ruined, my baby was terrified, and my kitchen was covered in food.
After a minute or two of talking myself off the bridge I took a few deep breaths and went over to comfort my baby and explain that I wasn't mad at him, it was just the first reaction that came out. Then, we let Jake in and he had a field day cleaning up. Fortunately, Wes was able to salvage part of it and so we still had pizza for dinner but not the way I had planned. And of course, we then said how glad we were that there was not a knife on the pizza or that it wasn't hot out of the oven. So, that is my "woe is me" story for the week...now all of you can feel sorry for me and my ruined supper. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment