Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A week with Mimi!

Mom was here for a week and went home yesterday. It was nice to see her again since last time it was such a hard time for everyone. It was different though, without having Dad call and check on us or listening to Mom brag to him on the phone about stealing all of Jay's kisses. I'm sure he would have come up for at least half of the week this time. I told Wes that she was different and he responded with, "well, so are you, shannon" and it hit me that I guess we won't be normal, the way we used to be, for a long time. But even though we had some sad moments and talks, most of the time we were just happy to be playing with Jay. We can't help but laugh and smile with him around....and to get lost in the innocence of a child is so peaceful, despite how bad the reality may be. We didn't do an awful lot while she was here....she babysat while I went to faculty orientation at USC and for me and Wes to go out, we went back to the children's museum where she bought us family passes (thanks mom!), we ran errands and went for a few walks in the wagon. And this week Jay started day care. We weaned him in starting on Tuesday and he did pretty well. The first day he jumped right down and started playing while I slipped out. The second day, however, he had figured out that I was going to leave and started crying as soon as we walked in...and did the same today. I told Wes, I'm glad I will only be taking him two days because three days almost killed me. He did fine after I left, of course, played well, participated in "circle time", ate with the kids, and even napped, which was a miracle in itself as far as I'm concerned. So I think once he gets used to it, he will fit right in. Here are the pictures from the week: Jay started this game the other day....falling down the slide backwards. Ughh!!!! I swear it is his goal to give me a heart attack!
He is cracking up....while I am gasping for air
Reading...wearing his new hat mom bought him.
I gave him his bookbag after I packed it for daycare...he wasn't sure what was going on.
Posing while he and Wes ran up and down the sidewalk after we had dessert.
He didn't bother to stop this time but, as you can tell, was having a blast.
playing with jake.
Fun on the porchI love his sweet hugs!
playing horse with mom.
Kissing Mimi.
Saying something very interesting.
Riding the tractor at Edventures
He found his way through the tunnel at the firehouse.
Driving the firetruck.
He is pointing at the butterflies...he does this in our yard every day.
Playing in the yard...
He has NO fear.

Why I don't cook very often anymore...(I'm sure all of my mommy friends can relate)

No comments:

Post a Comment