Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Jumping, Mowing, Swimming

We have been busy the last week with me starting work, all of us battling pink eye and sinus infections, and Wes working like a mad man. Fortunately, I am married to an ophthalmologist who can bring samples home from work so I can avoid another trip to the pediatrician. Jay is finally better but Wes and I still are trying to get our eyes back to normal. I am on my 2nd week of teaching and I love it! The students are so great to work with and it's nice to be back in nursing a little...and only a little! Jay likes "school" as we call it but throws a ridiculous fit every time I drop him off....but they tell me he does great after he gets over it. It is really funny to hear what he does during the day there and to walk in and see him playing like a big boy with the other kids....that is until he sees me, then he runs over and gives me the world's tightest hug...which is so precious. Today marks 2 months since Dad's death, and without spending too much time on it, I will say that I am glad the last 2 months are behind me. As much as we all hate it, life really does go on. It will take a while for our lives to "go on" but the rest of the world does, as I am realizing, and that is probably a good thing. As much as I would like for all of the world to mourn with us, if that were the case, we could never get better. And now that the sickening feeling is starting to pass, I see that we will eventually heal. It is a hard thing to go through....and with the circumstances of his death...one I never thought I'd have to process, but somehow, we are getting by. And I guess I shouldn't say somehow since I know it is only through God's presence that we aren't still falling apart. This, however, will be a difficult month. Mom, Dad, and I all have birthday's in September and none of them will be what we thought they would be this year. I have dreaded this month since he died and I am already anxious for it to be behind me. The thoughts of what should be happening will haunt me over the next few weeks just like they did right after he died. But I know that October will come and, once again, the world will go on. So if I'm not terribly cheerful in my posts this month, please understand, and know that I will get better. With that being said....here is my sweetheart (aka: daily grief therapist) :)....... Riding in his boat with daddy. He was completely fearless in the pool...he would jump in regardless if we were there to catch him...and when he'd go under, he would come up laughing. He and Papa Tim at Oren's body building competition...
Us and Oren before the comp. He placed 3rd and 4th place in his two divisions!
Oranges!
I took this the other day when he and Wes came home from Lowes...it is just like one we took when he was 2 weeks old....so cute.
At Lake Murray last weekend.
Cheezin.
Sharing the goldfish.
Talking to his new toy...a camel our neighbors gave him from their trip to visit family in Egypt.
Mowing
Wes is shooting him with the blower....he thought it was so much fun!
Jay learned to jump this week and was so proud of himself....

2 comments:

  1. Oh, he's not a baby any more- he's such a little boy now. I've enjoyed looking back on some of your older pictures and comparing them to the ones of him now. I love his facial expressions- he's so animated. Hope y'all are well and hope to see y'all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad school is going well, & hope y'all have a great Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete