Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Goats bark too!

Talking to the fish Feeding the goat...which Jay was convinced was a dog and barked the entire time we were feeding them...and I can't really blame him...they do kinda look like Jake with their big floppy ears and the way they desperately beg for food.
"Come back dog!"
He thought the gorilla was kinda cool but he just wasn't moving enough for anything more than a short observation.
Jay had more fun with the displays in the gorilla room
Checking out the elephants...again, not quite enough activity for Jaybird.
"Helping" Wes on the ladder.
His world fell apart when I popped him for climbing up the ladder after the 20th time of me pulling him off and saying no...he is so stubborn. You can see the defiance in his eyes.
Whatever was going on here was obviously amazing.
Here are pictures from the last week. We went to the zoo on Sunday afternoon thanks to a rainstorm that cooled things off (for about 12 hours--it's back to 100 degrees now) so we headed out and let Jay see the animals. He notices more every time we go. This time he had a ball feeding the goats and looking at the reptiles. Last time he loved the penguins but completely ignored them Sunday. I guess it will be a new favorite every time we go. It makes it fun though.
The grocery store has also become a new adventure. We have to go down the pet aisle whether we need anything or not. He thinks all of the dogs are so wonderful and barks, literally, the entire time we walk down. He is surprised after every bag of dog food that we pass and thinks he is really doing something special by seeing (and barking to) every single dog. He also has to say hey to every person we see at the store. He will start yelling "hey!!" as soon as we start walking toward them, even if they are on the opposite end of the aisle. He will reach his neck all the way around so as to not miss anyone and, if they are really special, will start up a game of peek-a-boo as we walk past. It's both super cute and really embarrassing at the same time. Thankfully, these strangers are really good sports and play along with his little games.
I am getting ready to start work next week and getting everything set up for Jay's childcare. I will be teaching two nursing clinicals at USC on Wed and Thursdays during the fall. I found a great daycare that offers 2 day a week rates so I was thrilled to have that worked out. I had been looking for someone to come into the house all summer without success and was worried that I would have to hire someone before really getting to know them so I am so relieved that I found this place. He is so full of energy and is obsessed with being around kids so I think this will be a great change to our otherwise boring schedule. I am really having a hard time keeping him stimulated every day now that he is a wild toddler and it will give me a break from staying at home all of the time...which I've decided is necessary for my sanity. :) I think he will do fine as far as playing, snacking, etc but I am worried about him taking a nap when he is supposed to. But I'm sure he will be so tired from playing they won't have to coax him to rest for long before he is out like a light. I'm sure I will have some humorous stories once he gets started....I told Wes, "I'm not worried about him being bullied....I'm worried about him BEING the bully." So we will see how this plays out.
He started this little trick a few days ago and thinks it is the funniest thing ever...such a boy.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you teaching USC clinicals--that's so exciting! He'll enjoy being at the daycare so much. Glad you got everything worked out!

    ReplyDelete