Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Walking Machine

Playing in the tub
Talking to Wes during supper
How he spends his time every afternoon, as if I need something else to pick up.
Here are some pictures and videos from the last few days of Jay getting into more trouble and of him realizing that he can WALK to other places other than just me or Wes. Every day he walks more and challenges himself. It is so fun to watch him. This morning I was getting ready and he stopped playing with his toy, stood up, and walked out of my room, through the kitchen, then into the living room, picked up his elmo, and continued back to me. I got the last part on camera.
He also is obsessed with push toys, and now has to have something on them while pushing (his shoes, sippy cup, pacifier, and any toy that happens to be on the floor). When they fall off, he stops, picks it up, and returns in to the push toy. I wonder if he does this because he watches me push the grocery cart around and put stuff in it. Like he is grocery shopping in the house. It really it amazing how much he picks up that I don't even realize.
So far, no words have been added to his vocabulary, however, he uses different tones in his voice all the time. It's like we can have an entire conversation with different tones and variations of the sounds, "uh, oh, da, ma, na, and ahhh" and when we finish, I honestly feel like I could tell you everything we just talked about.
He also has decided that Wes is now just "da" or at least I think so because the other day I was changing his diaper and Wes was getting ready to leave so was downstairs and we could hear him shuffling around. Jay kept turning back and yelling, "Daaaaa! Daaaaa! Daaaa!" It was soooo funny.
Eating is a new challenge now too. For the last few weeks I have been mixing veggies in with mac and cheese, rice, mashed potatoes, or other stuff like that and he'll eat it right up. It's been a while since he would eat veggies by themselves. Well this week he figured my trick out and will weed through and spit the peas/beans out of his mouth. He has no shame in doing this, no matter where we are so I've stopped trying to feed him that way in public. I'm not sure what I am going to do to get him to eat veggies now. Fruit, he loves, so at least he's getting something healthy. He is also over his oatmeal in the mornings which was how I knew he was getting enough iron but I learned yesterday that he loves rice krispies and they do have some iron so we are settling for that right now. It doesn't help that he is just not interested in food in general, except as things to throw and feed to me. Oh well.
Well, it looks like I am going to have to download via youtube again so I will go ahead and post this with the pics. I'll post all of the videos today after they are finished. Boo to blogger video!

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to write a book in five years called, "All I Need to Know about Raising Chilluns, I Learned From My Good Friend Mrs. Ross." I know I've said it before, but you'll be so thankful to yourself when you look back on all these entries. I may hafta nominate you two years in a row if you keep it up! A+++

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved this posting! sounds like jay is sooo much fun and such a handful! :) camden used to be a GREAT eater, the world's messiest eater, i'm sure, but she ate anything. Now, she only wants rice, really...no veges, no fruit, just rice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is sooo adorable!! He has a beautiful smile. I know your parents are missing him so much. Glad to here you will be teaching at Shandon! Please use our names as a reference. Chip and I both taught high school Sunday school there many years ago. Have you met Julie and Mike Crowder? Love them! Shandon is such an awesome church. I would love for you to meet my mom. They go to the first service. Have a fun day with Jay!

    ReplyDelete