Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Things are lookin' up

Jay had soooo much fun exploring the yard from his point of view for the first time the other day while Wes and I worked.
Wes' idea of he and Jay cleaning up the yard...Jay didn't mind.
He loves to put on our shoes but can't quite figure out how to walk in them yet.
I gave Jay his bowl and spoon so he could practice feeding himself. He thought about it, and then threw the spoon down and got the applesauce out of the bowl his own way. Not quite ready for that I guess. :)
Well, we have had a wonderful week now that Jay is better and can walk basically wherever his little heart desires. It had been a rough month with our colds and just that Jay was bored so often. He was tired of the crawling thing and needed constant attention which was not so fun for me, especially considering that Wes was very busy studying for his big test. I was getting very frustrated trying to figure out exactly what Jay wanted and what I was doing wrong. I realize now that he went through the same thing just before he started crawling...he was tired of just sitting and rolling and wanted something more. Then he started crawling and life was fun again. So, this week has been very fun and he is walking everywhere. Just seeing the house from a different view is amazing to him and, of course, being able to walk away from us is very liberating....for him at least. Then, when he looses interest in the house, we go outside and walk all over the back yard, front yard, and culdesac until he is ready to go in and eat. And we have been playing with Hannah and Truman a lot since we are not on our death beds anymore. :) So, all in all, we are finally happy again.
Today and tomorrow I will be packing for an overdue visit to south Georgia for two weeks. Wes didn't get to take a vacation last fall so he decided to take his two weeks back to back for a longer vacation. And, Wes and I are going to Costa Rica for our first getaway since Jay was born. I am really trying to stay excited about it but the closer I get to leaving my baby for a whole week I just can't deny the knots that form in my stomach. I know this will be good for us to just be with each other again and our parents are ecstatic to have their precious grand baby all to themselves but since I never went back to work Jay and I are rarely apart which makes this very difficult to imagine. I have planned for us to be very busy while we are there so we stay distracted and maybe since we will be in a completely different country it will be easier to be away. Wes is just ready to get some time off, no matter where he is. I keep asking him if he is still excited about going or if he thinks we should just cancel the whole thing and he reminds me that we are too close to get any money back and that we need some time together. He is sad about leaving Jay too, though, and we have been back and forth about it a lot. Luckily though, one of us is usually the strong one and reminds the other of how much fun we will have.
Ok, I have gone on long enough about my issues so here are some pics and videos (if not with this post coming later today).

1 comment:

  1. Hope y'all have a great Easter...can't wait to see the pics from Valdosta & Costa Rica!

    ReplyDelete