Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ready for spring

I think this is cutest picture yet!!! This is Jay's new face he makes whenever we go anywhere that he feels he has to carefully examine....this was after lunch today in the parking lot. Making his face in lowes the other day but i didn't catch it quite as well as the one above.
Another new game: watching the trash collectors...he stands there in amazement every time they come around. he also does this with the mailman. And when Wes comes home from work...then they play a game of peek-a-boo.
just playing....
I have a few pictures and some videos to post, still with minor glitches to work through, so bear with my ignorance as I try to convince this brilliant piece of equipment to do what I say. I cannot edit videos anymore so they will have to do "as is" which means some may be a little dark but I think you can still them ok.

I have realized that my pattern has been more videos than pictures lately and I'm sure you know why-our sweet little Jay refuses to stay still for longer than a second, no matter how hard I beg. This means it takes 3 or 4 times longer than it used to when I post on the blog which is very difficult when Jay makes it his sole mission to destroy the computer as I am typing. Right now he and Wes are napping so I decided to take the chance while I had it.

We are counting down the days until it is warm again and have been surprised this week by a few sunny afternoons so even though it is still chilly we bundled up and spent some time playing in the yard. Wes is building some duck houses for the pond and Jay, unfortunately, is not scared of the drills/saws so I spend all of my time peeling him off of Wes so work can actually be accomplished. Wes is waiting for the day when Jay can help him with all of his projects but until then we will have to just avoid any injuries. Of course, I spend half of the time reminding Wes that he, too, needs to be careful because I am counting on those hands to make me a lot of money one day. That being said, I have asked him to build Jay a toy box and then a sand box before the summer so those hands will be in the "high risk" zone for a few months.

Jay is doing some new stuff as of this week: he dances now. Soooo funny. I have a few of his dances on video and am working on getting those up. Basically when I turn the radio on or when his toys start playing music he twists and shakes for a little while and I just sit there laughing, and of course, dancing with him. :) he is also signing "more" now! Yay! that only took a year of training but it is totally worth it because now he can tell (show) me that he wants more food. I caught it on camera a few days ago but it isn't as good as he usually does so he will have to show it off in person. And he is still walking, more steady now, but he still is scared to try any longer than a few feet at a time. His new game is riding in the tonka truck. The other day I looked over and saw Jay sitting in the back of the truck looking at me like, "when are you going to come play?" so Wes and I spent the next 20 minutes pushing him back and forth. He loved it and will just go plop down in it whenever he is ready for a ride....this will be a problem tomorrow when I am here by myself so the truck may be in hiding until Wes gets home. :)

That is all for now. I have several videos so it may take a while but I will post them as soon as they are ready.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE that face!!!! he is such a little boy! so precious!!!

    ReplyDelete