Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Birthday Boy!

The birthday boy sporting his party hat. Getting kisses from Aunt Carrie...
Papa Rich and the birthday boy
Smiling at his Mama Ross...
Thirsty baby from eating all that cake!
I know this seems like a lot of pictures of the same thing but I just couldn't decide which ones to post. Sunny did an awesome job getting all of Jay's little expressions.....
Before he realized that he likes birthday cake. haha
A little confused in the beginning... This was in the middle of us all singing....does anyone know who he was smiling at? This is him judging all of us...apparently we aren't that great of singers....
Here are some of the pictures we have of Jaybird and his birthday cake. He was so funny to watch as he tried to figure out exactly what all the fuss was about. My mom and Mrs. Lynn threw a great party for Jay and we loved getting to spend it with all of our family. We feel like we miss out on so much so to be able to spend our baby's first birthday with everyone was so wonderful.
The best part, to me, was watching his expression when all 50 of us stood around the table and sang "Happy Birthday." He looked at us like we had all lost our minds. Then to watch him explore his cake and proceed to make a huge mess while everyone cheered him on (instead of me fussing and wiping him down like I usually do) was so fun. And, of course, everyone went against my "no gifts necessary" plea and spoiled him rotten once again. Which ended up being good since I am pretty sure he was in such a bad mood last week because he is getting tired of his old toys....yesterday he was very entertained with all of the new ones! And as I went through all of his new clothes went we got home I decided that I cannot wait for spring to come so he can show them off!
The only bad part of the weekend was that it was just a weekend, we really didn't get to spend time just visiting with our parents and were exhausted by the time we made it home Sunday night. But, of course, it was completely worth it. :) We could not have asked for a better first birthday and are so thankful for all of our wonderful family who drove over to celebrate with us. It really made it perfect. We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Like mother, like son...I wonder who enjoyed the Elmo cake more!!!

    ReplyDelete