Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Me verses technology

Sitting in a pot....I couldn't resist plopping him in it. I was going to recycle the old phone books but maybe I should keep them around for entertainment...
My big boy facing forward in the car yelling about something important, I'm sure
I cannot tell you how many times I've tried to post videos of Jay with no success this week. Last week our computer, for lack of a better word, crashed, and Wes had to do a recovery program that basically meant we started from scratch when the computer recovered. So, all week we have been reinstalling every program we had on here. This doesn't seem so bad except that in the process of 2 moves we had no idea where half of the cd's were that we needed to "complete installation" so this has been our life for the past several days. We completely emptied our junk closet, including every box that was labeled manuals or computer stuff, which ended up being an endless supply of programs that dated back to our college days (why we felt the need to keep them all I have no idea). Then, waited patiently as our dinosaur computer completed the many processes to get everything back up and running so that I can get on the computer without fighting the strong desire to just chuck it in the pond and tell Wes Jay did it. Finally, everything is working again but we have decided that a new laptop is now in our future (It's very sad to me that the computer we bought just 3 years ago is completely outdated). I seriously don't know how we lived without technology for as long as we did.
On a brighter note, Jay is finally walking!! Well, if you count walking as taking 3 to 6 drunken steps toward me or Wes. I am posting some videos showing the new skill off. He knows it is something to be proud of because every time he does it he claps, both before and after the feat. We walk all day long and it is so fun watching his giant smile as he gets better and better each time. So cute, in fact, that I tried to get him on video walking towards me this morning but, to Jay's dismay, couldn't catch him when he fell and he scratched his face on the rug leading to a pretty bad carpet burn and a very betrayed baby. I felt really bad so I'll have to wait until Wes is home to get a video from that point of view.
We spent most of the weekend outside (it was finally sunny and comfortable) and Jay loved it so I know we will have a good spring and summer doing all kinds of outside games. We both needed some fresh air and Wes even had the weekend off so we got some yard work done also. Saturday morning Wes and Jay went on an outing to home depot so I could get the house clean without interruption. I blared my music and spent the whole morning doing all of the chores that I used to despise but that day had so much fun. It's sad, I know, but to be able to get 3 hours of work done on my on schedule is such a rarity these days. And, of course, the boys had a great time out.
Then today Hannah and I took the boys to the library for story time for 1 year olds just to see how they would like it. And what do you think Jay did??? Sat in my lap and quietly listened to the lady read books??? Of course not, he crawled around in front of everyone yelling and waving as if they were all there just for him. Then, after she finished the book and we all clapped, he sat up proud and tall with his smile that says, "thank you, I know I am great!" That was until he saw the huge truck in the corner (AKA: another child's stroller) and spent the rest of story time pushing it around the room leaving me to sing "The itsy bitsy spider" all by myself. Yes, I was very proud. So, that has been our week. Here are a few pics and when the videos are done uploading I'll post those too.

1 comment:

  1. HP has really good sales on their website; I got my Compaq on there for less than $500 about a year ago. If you throw the old one in the lake, make sure to take pics!

    ReplyDelete