Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Visit from Papa Rich

I have some really random pictures to post from our activities this week which mostly included spending time with jay, wes, and my dad. He came to visit to get some work done and also to help me figure out some tax questions. In February I will meet with "Uncle Sleazy's Tax Service" again to actually do our taxes. The good news, however, is that this year we fall under the "low income" category and therefore will not owe anything to Uncle Sam. I am not sure if we should be happy that we don't have to pay anything or if it is the most depressing thing ever that both of us hold post-graduate degrees and are just (and I mean JUST) above the poverty line! :) One day this will all be worth it though. At least Jay has no idea his parents are poor, right!? Seriously though, we had a good time visiting with dad and just playing a lot. I was sad mom couldn't come this time since the babies in the house just changed from 2 to 3 for the weekend. (No offense, dad). I know it's not just my house where the dads never volunteer to change a dirty diaper or clean up some baby throw up, unlike our moms who completely take over ALL of the nasty baby chores. This is why moms are priceless in so many ways! But, to be fair, dad did help in his special way and I loved his visit. ;) Nasty baby... (this is when wes was feeding him of course ;) )
We enjoyed the beautiful weather at the park today and Jay had a ball once we let him out of the stroller and get good and muddy---yep, definitely a boy!
I just took this because I thought he was so cute how he crossed his legs the whole time he was eating.
My dad monopolized the pictures this week so I guess I am back on his good side = back in the will
Love this one...
Playing the pacifier game....
Smiling at dinner.....trying to get Jay to look at the camera and smile and dad to stop closing his eyes was an impossible feat
Caught in the act
Eating is so much fun...

3 comments:

  1. Glad Jay was able to have some Grandpa time, it's a blessing to have wonderful family (even though they aren't next door). I know what you mean about Mom's (Grandma's) taking over all the messy chores when visiting, mom's are priceless and such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best line of the blog: "At least Jay has no idea his parents are poor, right!?" With his mom driving a Mercedes (I still assume), I doubt it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. name correction! It is Uncle Sleazy's Creative Tax Services. Our slogans are 1) We are betting you won't be audited; 2) We never met a deduction we didn't like. Also, it seems I lay down alot.

    ReplyDelete