Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Monday, December 14, 2009

From cold to colder...

We got home last night from a long weekend in freezing Helen to a house with no heat!!! It is freezing here so Jay and I are about to go to Target and Lowes in search of warmth....I am glad I wasn't born before central heating....I am pretty sure I wouldn't have survived. Poor Jay took a nap this morning in fleece pj's, two blankets, his winter hat, and a space heater (a huge fire hazard, I know, but we were desperate). We all slept in our bed last night under the electric blanket. Thankfully, our home warranty is covering it so help will arrive today. Ok, now to something more important. Our trip was great. Wes enjoyed his first long weekend since starting work and Jay had a good time exploring the cabin. I have some videos and pictures to share... I am determined to get Jay to say "mama" but he is obsessed with "dada"....so sad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie0jlBHa8zo We had to take an intermission here for Jay to do his morning poo....as you can see if you watch his face at the end of the 1st video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHBgoup1Sgk This one is to give you a glimpse of Jay's new way to "fall apart" if things aren't going his way. He is usually more dramatic than this as far as slaming his head into the floor but just to give you an idea..... (I don't remember why he was upset but I'm sure he was fine a few minutes later). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM808ePMmlU Ok, I am just now getting to post this because for some reason the pictures don't want to download. I'll try again later. But just to give you an update....it is now 3:45pm and the heater guy just left and our house is warming up as we speak. Yay! So as my dad says, "all is right with the world again." Playing air hockey.... And pool....
This is how we spent most of our time here....
Checking out the fire...oh how I wish we had one here right now.
Passed out after the day in Helen.
Jay's 3rd time meeting Santa...still with no reaction, however, he LOVED Mrs. Claus and smiled at her several times. His face here looks like he's a little mad at me for forcing Santa on him once again.
Our waitress took our picture Friday night in a little German bistro in Helen. Wes had fried cheese, yes, really (he didn't know that when he ordered though). I had chicken fingers.
Jaybird smiling through the freezing cold on our hike to Anna Ruby Falls. They were so beautiful but my camera died so I didn't get a picture.
Yes, it was really that cold!
Look at how pink his little cheeks and nose were....such a trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment