Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fall is in the air!

Eating prunes this morning....so messy....but soooo cute. On the canoe while Wes' paddled around the pond. Jay would have had a lot more fun without the life jacket but he did pretty well anyway...
"The itsy, bitsy spider went up the water spout...."
Sitting in the grocery cart now like a big boy!
Today Jay and I have been enjoying the wonderful weather. We are outside on the porch and watching the man next door mow his yard. Jay is trying to decide if he is scared or excited about the loud machine inching towards him. This weekend Fran and Lyz came to visit and Wes gave me some much needed "girl" time with them by keeping Jay while we shopped and got pedicures Sat. It made me wish I was closer to family so that I could take a "mom vacation" more often but I'll take what I can get. Jay was a PILL though. He woke up several times both nights just awake and ready to play. Then, due to the lack of sleep, was irritable both days. By Sunday evening, I crashed on the sofa and Wes had to "babysit" again. He has been much better today and yesterday and is sleeping again, thank goodness!

This weekend mom and dad are coming to visit so Jay will have the world revolve around him again. It will be fun though. Wes has the weekend off so we are going to come up with a few fun "Columbia" things to do.

Wes is on a new rotation this month. He is on the medicine floor at the VA. He is on call every 4th night so Jay and I will be spending ALOT of time together. Wes has always enjoyed working with veterans though so he will have a good time I'm sure.

Jay is "scooting" around but not yet crawling (I'm not really encouraging him to do that though-I'm not ready to chase after him all day yet). He is very mobile even so. When I put him on the floor to play, he ends up on the other side of the room before I know it. How, I have no idea but he thinks it is very fun. I can tell he is turning into a little wild man.

That's all for now. I can't get videos to upload for some reason but I will investigate and try to get some up soon.

1 comment:

  1. oh we miss ya'll!!! i loved reading this. he is growing so fast! call me soon so we can catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete