Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Big Boy Bed! Corn Maze Fun!

This is how Jay decided to dress himself that day: cowboy boots, "soldier" pants, and bulldozer shirt!

Showing you his boo-boo after stepping on the hammer...thank God for tetanus shots!

Assisting Wes in assembling his new bed...

After helping with the nails he moved on to something very crucial...putting stickers in the drawers...


Back to the hammer now

"I need to help Daddy, I need to sit in your lap and help you"

So proud of working with Daddy!

"Be careful with that screwdriver Daddy, don't hurt your finger"

Wes had to talk Jay into giving him the screws...Jay was sure they were really for fixing his firetruck

Trying out the new bed!

Soooo happy

"come lay down by me Daddy"

Wes and I were getting dressed yesterday morning and Jay decided he needed some rice krispies....i couldn't really fuss...at least he put them on a plate and kept them somewhat contained.

Enjoying breakfast...

Me and Eli at 29 weeks!



We tried to get Jay to take a nap before we ran errands...but he refused...so instead cat-napped in the car between stops.

We went to a corn maze today, this is the beginning, when we were hopeful to get out quickly and easily...

We let Jay decide which way to turn each time. He kept saying, "this is the right way!"

Family picture...right before we started walking in circles for about an hour

He was pretty confident that he knew the "right" way but we were starting to doubt his navigation skills right about now

Apparently he isn't doubting his decisions

We finally made it out (after Wes took charge), then found a bounce horse that Jay LOVED!

Wes laughing at clumsy boy falling down

So fun!

We were headed to see the animals....until someone spotted the tractors....

A lot of time was spent here, as you would expect from a child crazy about tractors.

Wes and I were way more impressed by this swing than jay, he had run back to the tractors by this point.

Feeding the goats (a rigged up pulley that delivered the corn)


Driving the wooden tractor

We knew we were in trouble when Jay found the fire pole....

Wooden castle (isn't the woodwork cool?!) Jay is waving to the farmer.

Coming out of a 40 foot tube slide

laughing at Wes sliding through

Jay slid down the slide at least 30 times and was far from tiring out.

Just hilarious!

Racing ducks...

As you can tell Jay had a ball at the corn maze adventure, an easy five hours of entertainment for crazy boy. This weekend was the first one in a while that we haven't been out of town/working/etc so it was nice to just do something fun together. Jay is at such a fun age to do activities with now. Last year there were so many things we tried to do but his emotional little self just wouldn't cooperate most times. Now, we have to pull him away from the fun or he would never stop!  

Last week he started 3 days a week at "school" and he did great. I was scared he wouldn't want to go on the third day but, again, with him being a little older now, is thrilled to go and do all of the things his teachers have planned for them. And it's nice to have a day to get papers graded and prepare for the week in the peace and quiet. 

He is learning fast, as usual, and his speech is getting so clear. He talks in paragraphs now, instead of sentences. He loves to sing his favorite songs, count, and say the alphabet (all in his own versions). Riding home today he was so happy after playing in the maze that he sang almost the whole way home. He randomly switched from "row row row your boat" to "mary had a little lamb", sure he was singing them exactly right. This past week Wes and I both hurt his feelings after telling him to "just stop talking!" Wes felt bad about making him cry until I told him I did the same thing the day before. Wes said after he fussed at him to "just stop talking for 5 minutes Jay!", Jay looked up at him, eyes filled with tears, and replied, "no daddy, but i talkin', i need to talk Daddy, don't say that." He gets on a roll and will NOT stop, and when you are trying to think, it is so nerve-racking! But he makes us laugh daily with his discussions/observations/advice about everything from his bathroom habits to the "monsters" outside. 

He is getting better at walking by himself (not asking me to carry him all the time). He knows that I can't because of my "big belly", a term I started using to get him to cooperate. As I've gotten bigger this last month I have used it as an excuse for a lot of things we used to do. So on our way to the corn maze today he told me that I couldn't go in the maze because I wouldn't fit. I told him that I would fit and he replied, "no mommy, your big belly won't fit in the maze."  What a self-esteem booster. :)

He is going to be a fireman for Halloween (his choice) and has been running around the house for a week with his baseball tee as he "picks up the fire with the fire hose"....we try to tell him it is "put out the fire" but he is confident that he says it the right way. We got him a fire hat for a dollar yesterday at Target and it has not left his hands since. We had to have a 5 min conversation in the car this morning explaining that he couldn't take it into church but it would be waiting for him as soon as we got back in the car.

As far as little Eli...he is a lot different from Jay already (crazy, I know, that I say that before he is born). Here is what I mean...Jay was a kicker. I remember my ribs aching from him kicking me so much. Any time I wanted him to change positions or Wes wanted to feel him we would push on my stomach and Jay would go into full fight mode....kicking and flipping around for at least 10 minutes, then he would settle down and get into a better position. It was so predictable. Little Eli, however, is a pusher. He pushes out (towards my belly button) all of the time and it hurts!!  If I push back he just changes sides and pushes again. While he kicks and flips around a lot, he has never kicked in response to my pushing like Jay did. We will try to get him kicking at us, push and prod on my belly for 10 min, and no response. Even if we start pushing on it while he's kicking he just stops and moves away.  It is like he's in his own world and would prefer we just leave him be. The other day I said (exasperated), "ugh! he will not stop pushing me! this really hurts!"  Wes was walking over to fuss at Jay until he realized I was talking about Eli. So Wes said, "well just make him move" (easily accomplished with Jay) but not this one, he stayed right where he was no matter how hard I pushed him.

So that is it for now. I am waiting for Jay's bedding to come in (construction zone) and will post pictures of that as well as the nursery (a bear theme with the same bedding Jay had) soon.

3 comments:

  1. Again Great Pictures!! Jay looks every bit
    5 yrs. old. See U Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fancy corn maze! I've never been to one and will now hold them all up to this high standard of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love all the pictures and can't believe how big Jay has gotten! You are, as before, such an adorable preggers lady! Hope we see you guys sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete