Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

What Jay is into this week.

I loved his church outfit this morning...just ignore the ring of chocolate around his mouth.

Rocking in his favorite chair from Kurt and Ashley

His birthday tee-pee from us!  We put it together last Monday and he had to put ALL of his toys in it.


"helping" daddy

Pretending that he's an indian.

We may need to invest in a bing bag...he loved this one in Pier One and would not get out!

Things have been busy this week since I started my clinicals again. I am working Thursdays all day and Friday mornings. Jay will still be going to school two full days so I will get Friday afternoons to get stuff done before picking him up which will be wonderful. I have several videos that won't seem to upload so I will just post the handful of pictures I've managed to take this week.
We have been learning colors and Jay knows Purple, Orange, and Blue. He loves coloring but only with markers which is not as fun for me since I have to watch him like a hawk to avoid marker stains on the carpet. His new favorite word is helicopter. It is so cute to hear him say it and if we see one outside he goes crazy. Trucks and balls are among his most played with toys and "choo choo" will always get his attention. His new game this weekend is hopping in the dryer as I'm unloading it and playing peek a boo with us. I'm not thrilled about this but it did entertain him for a few minutes while I folded clothes today so I guess I'll deal with it. He loves riding in "daddy's truck" and will sprint to the door the second I mention it. Then we have to point out every other truck we see along the way. He also loves the bridge we drive over near our house and talks about every turn we make. Here is our pattern:

Me: Jay, we are about to turn!  "Ready..."
Jay: "Set!"
Me: "Go!"
Both: "yay!!!"
Jay: "bye bye turn."
Then, he knows the bridge is next so he starts calling for it. "bridge? bridge!"
Me: "Ready?"
Jay: "set!"
Me: "go!!"
both: "yay!!!"
Jay: "bye bye bridge."
Then, when we pull onto our street he starts saying, "home! home!"

I never knew how entertaining driving to the store could be for a toddler. :)

I am trying to get him to show me that he will be 2 soon but his little fingers can't quite make the sign. He does know that when I say 1 to say 2 afterwards but I don't think he gets that he is almost 2 years old. I think he is just playing along with my weird game.

He still is talking about Mama and Papa Ross' visit the other weekend and randomly says bye to them. Last night I walked into his room while he was playing with 3 cars. He said, "papa's car", "ross' car", and "ornen's" car. And then pushed them into his teepee. When we went to bed he called out (after kissing Wes goodnight), "night night papa!" and "night night ross!"

So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment