Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bouncing Fun.

Kissing the big bear...
He loved the bounce houses...he would fall, laugh, and get right back up to do it again.
Train set....he didn't get it but had fun pushing the trains around anyway
Loved crawling through the tunnels...that is Truman waiting for him on the other side.
Running to the next toy
Sliding!
This was his favorite thing...
Playing in the sandbox
His new favorite game, climb around the car and "drive"
Eating some apples with Daddy....
Another favorite game...opening the door from the outside and "surprising" me with a big "Hey!"
Ok well I guess he just likes riding on small cars now....he has 3 big ones here but rode on this tiny on all afternoon.
Telling me something very important
His new "mean" face. He does this pretty often lately...maybe it's just a phase.
He loves to catch rainwater in cups so I let him stand on the porch and fill up the yogurt cup...it kept him entertained for a good 10 minutes.
We have been pretty low key this week and Jay is bored silly with only me after being surrounded by attention for the last several weeks. He was pretty sure all of the "festivities" were for his enjoyment and wonders why we had to come home. Wes and I said the other day that were are so happy that he has no clue what is going on. He still looks at Papa Rich's pictures and smiles the same way as he does at the other grandparents. It is sweet and sad at the same time. I wonder when he will stop remembering who he is. Pictures go only so far and eventually I know he will forget knowing him. But seeing him react the same way to him as before brings comfort to me because it feels, even just for that moment, like he is still with us.
Wes has been working a lot since we've been home and will stay pretty busy until mid-Aug. They are doubling up on call nights for the first six weeks. After that he will be on call every 6th weeknight and every 6th weekend. All of it being home call which I love---until the pager goes off every 2 hours while we are sleeping---but it is so worth it to have him here rather than the hospital. Jay really misses him though. Everyday over the weekend (wes was on call) and yesterday he was fussy and demanding until Wes walked in...then he changed into a totally different little boy..laughing, playing, cooperative. Wes will be working late tonight and tomorrow night again so we will be ready for a weekend with Daddy not at the mercy of the pager!
The highlight of the week was this morning when Hannah and I took the boys to a fun house here. It was so cool...they had 3 giant bounce houses, tons of push/ride toys, train sets, puzzles, legos, slides, and more that I can't think of. Jay and Truman were in heaven. Jay was literally running all over the room from one thing to the next squealing and laughing the whole time. It was the easiest entertainment that we've had in a while. And with the heat, it gave them a chance to run and act crazy in the air conditioning so I can tell we will be hitting this place up in the summers and winters for sure.

4 comments:

  1. Can't believe you haven't been to the FUN HOUSE before. That place is KOOL. I can see why it is Jay's favorite. Thanks for the new blog update. It makes me feel so much closer to you all. I'll go to the FUN house anytime with Jay. Me and you will let Wes play with Jay in the sandbox. Nastyboy! Love U, Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a blast at the Bouncerific! We are so looking forward to coming next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a picture of Jay's "mean face" too. I took it when y'all visited a couple weeks ago. Glad you are posting. I appreciate your honesty and love getting to watch the adventures of Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that he prefers riding the tiny car. He's so silly!

    ReplyDelete