Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My boys: 3 years old & 2 months old.

The other night Eli was fussy while we were trying to eat. Wes laid him flat on the table and he loved it.

I looked at Wes like he was crazy when he did it but Eli stayed there for about 10min happy as can be. I must admit, this move has never occurred to me.

What a serious face to be wearing such a funny looking hat!

Eli has just started to enjoy stretching out and playing so we brought out the play gym...he is following animals as they move around



More practice talking and smiling. Check out those leg rolls!

And that precious smile again!
Quick update from the boys' well checks. Jay is 35lbs, 39inches tall, 80th percentile for both. He is doing great with his milestones and is coasting along to big boy status quickly. In fact, he had to get a shot which I felt really bad about since I told him only Eli was getting shots. But when he found out he just sat up next to me, squeezed my hand, and let the nurse give him a shot without the first whimper. I was so proud!  Then he let her prick his finger and peed in a cup with no problems! 
As for Eli, he is 10lbs 6oz, 15% percentile in weight and 18th for height. So a good bit smaller than Jay when he was a baby. I was worried at first but he definitely has some chunky baby rolls and has really increased how much he eats this week so I bet we will see a big jump next time. At least I am getting some use out of his 0-3mon clothes because with Jay, he barely wore them one time. His head circumference is in the 78% percentile so he will be a little boy with a big head!
He eats every 3 to 4 hours during the day and at night only wakes up once, if at all, for a little snack. When we get back home my goal will be to get him sleeping through the night consistently. He loves looking at his hands and watching his toys. He is very impatient when he gets hungry and shows off his healthy lungs for everyone! He still naps a lot during the day but is very active when he wakes up. He loves to kick and stretch on the floor. He will smile and talk to us all day. I need to start doing "tummy time" with him but, so far, he doesn't seem very eager to play in that position...this may be a battle, like it was with Jay.
I will have all of the pictures from our trip to Georgia with the next post. We are still in Valdosta for a few days and Jay is having a ball. Mimi has one thing to add before I finish: "I am their favorite!"

1 comment:

  1. Feel free to stop by and see us on the way home if you and the boys need a break.

    ReplyDelete