Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The honeymoon is over

I wonder why Eli always has a dreadful look on his face when Jay is holding him??

Fun with the trains!



This is how Wes and I eat supper now...sweet boy is not sweet unless he is sitting with us at the table

Eli was fussy in every position except this one the other night

Our little bald burrito
Well this week has been filled with unsuccessful trips to the store, several meltdowns of unknown origins, and endless amounts of bodily fluid. How a tiny baby can create so much poop is still beyond me. And if Eli's poop wasn't enough Jay has decided to start pooping in his pull up after naptime. And that is not fun to clean up!  Add that to the pee, throw-up, and snot and we have ourselves a disgusting little set-up. 

Now for updates:
Eli is 5 weeks, 2 days old. I am guessing he is around 8lbs now and is growing like a weed. He is awake more, loves to be held (more like demands to be held), and eats like a pig. While he is still a pretty content baby, I have been reminded this week why I put off having another baby for so long. Every little errand we had this week turned out to be a huge deal and didn't actually occur until hours after I had originally planned it to. That three hour feeding schedule is ridiculous....and leaves no room for error. Eli hates his carseat...immediately when we put him in it he screams like someone is killing him. Sometimes he gives up and goes on to sleep, sometimes he lets us have it the entire trip. Jay was never a big fan of the carseat but would tolerate it for a little while, Eli apparently has a tremendous grudge against that little contraption. Oh how I long for the chance to go back to the day when parents just held their children while they drove....is my child's safety really a priority? 
There were a few days when I cannot even tell you one productive thing I accomplished...unless keeping both boys alive counts...but seriously, I don't know where the days go by the time I get everyone (don't forget about Jake and Kitty!) fed, bathed, clothed, and then fed, cleaned up, and clothed again at least 5 times. And as I struggle to get through the day I think, "why is this so hard, I only have  two kids, millions of people do this every day, having two children is not exactly brain surgery." And then as soon as I am about to give up, my sweet Eli looks at me with those adorable eyes and makes the funniest face I've ever seen...and I just laugh and start over again.

Jay has been giving us a run for the money lately. I knew this phase was coming, several of my friends warned me about the 3 year old rebellion, I just thought my strong will would overcome it. Ha! Never underestimate the mind of a child, especially one who knows he is in charge. Yesterday three different people stopped us in Lowes to say, "don't worry, it's just a phase, you just have to get through it." as we tried to force Jay to act civilized while we shopped. We cannot tell him to do (or not do) anything without a full-fledged argument including, but not limited to, "don't tell me no!  but I need to! no, i won't go to time out, soldiers don't go to time out!, don't say that to me!, and you don't tell me that, don't tell me what to do!"  How do you explain to a stubborn toddler the level of authority while he is simultaneously proclaiming his rights, especially when there is no form of punishment that will phase him. If you hear of any boarding schools around, please let me know. 

As if the boys' hadn't already worn me down this week Jay pulled an embarrassing little number yesterday when we walked past a lady who fell in the parking lot at the store. They were waiting for an ambulance to come and some firemen were with her. Jay yells as we are walking by, "Mom! That lady died! Look mom, somebody died right there!!" I grabbed him as fast as I could and told him to shut his mouth. On the way home Jay kept asking questions about how the lady died. We both insisted that she didn't die, she just fell down. So he said a raccoon must have tripped her and he would just go shoot that raccoon for her. How does he come up with this stuff??

A few videos since I didn't take many pictures this week.

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, shannon...you make me laugh! Jay and Caleb are so alike...all boy and stubborn! I feel your pain;) I remember those days of trying to get out the house with 2 kids when Allie was very little, it's still a task to remember everything, but easier once your mind is used to all the things you need! If, one day, you want to make it out the house, come on over and Jay and Caleb can plan to their hearts desire with all things boy;)

    ReplyDelete