Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

All smiles this week!

Every evening from 5 to about 8 I have to put Eli in the Moby Wrap so I can get something done. This is an amazing invention...I cannot go grocery shopping or to church without it either...since Eli refuses to sleep in his car seat like a normal baby.

Talking to himself in the mirror while hammering  ???

Whatever keeps him out of my hair, i guess

Telling me about his hammer

What a clown

Jay loves playing MarioKart with Wes

Very serious activity

Watching his toys while Daddy and Jay play video games

I left Jay to dress himself that day....this was the result. At least he had his underwear on straight

Shooting me... every mother's dream

Eli started smiling this week!!!  He does it the most on the changing table so I tried to catch them on camera.

He also "talks" to the bottom of the shelves in his room....

Cute Cute Cute!

"Take a picture of me smiling too, mama!"

What a look!

I know...the amount of pictures are obsessive....I can't help it, I am biased.

Still talking, oh no, do we have another motor mouth?!

"Awhhhww!"

I told you I was obsessive about this

Notice his cheeks are getting chubby!

We bought all new toys for him to look at and this is what he loves most!

One last grin in case you didn't get enough. :)

Holding baby brother.

 
Rocking baby brother....which turned out to be hazardous for poor eli since Jay has no concept of "rock him gently"
Well it's a good thing Eli decided to smile this week or I wouldn't have any pictures!  It is so fun to see him changing every day. None of the pictures really caught a big smile but, believe me, it is the cutest smile in the world. :)  And poor Jay sees us make a big deal of Eli and tries so hard to get us just as excited about his smile too. We have been busy this week...well, let me rephrase that...we have been doing the three same things over and over this week (eating, sleeping, pooping) with little time for anything else. Wes has actually been busy though, on call this weekend and long weekdays. At least one of us is being productive.

I was telling Kurt tonight that I was scared I would be bored with a newborn again. Since Jay became a toddler, I have thought newborns were so boring, they don't do anything but sleep and cry. And I worried that my next baby would be neglected because I just wouldn't get as excited about their little milestones. But I am just as excited about him as I was Jay, I get all giddy every time he does anything new and look at him literally all day. But this time we get to share it with Jay too, and that is so sweet, since Jay gets just as excited. Several times a day he comes up to me and says, "I love my baby Eli." And all of Eli's little noises make Jay laugh harder than I do. It is so amazing to see how much Jay loves him. Even though it was only a little over 6 weeks ago, I have a hard time remembering us without him. He instantly became apart of us and the blessing he is to each of us is indescribable.

No comments:

Post a Comment