Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Christmas Time!

Excited about seeing all of the decorations!

Putting together his nativity set

He says that baby Jesus is in the "barn" when we ask about him

100% shatterproof ornaments in this house for the next several years. :)

He actually was very careful when handling the ornaments....a complete turn around from last year.

ALL of the santas had to be on the same limb and he demanded that they stay together...
 
I should have known putting my Christmas village within his reach was a bad idea...

While I was cooking supper Jay thought he should unload my pantry to help decorate....

This child will make anything into a microphone!

"Jay, I need that back!"  He replied, "no, you can just get some more at the store, mama"

We actually had to have a conversation about why I was not going to the store for more plastic wrap and how he WAS going to give it back to me.

We babysat Joshua for a few hours the other night. The boys had a ball. Wes and I had second thoughts about having two boys. :)

I asked Wes, "are you ready for two?" and he said, "as long as you don't go anywhere"   There goes my plan for a year long vacation next year.

Driving Mario Kart....Jay loves to crash...Wes is having a hard time explaining that is not exactly the point.

"Little Wes", just in case you needed more proof that they look exactly alike!

Wes convinced me to let them get a Wii by explaining how it has made him a better eye surgeon because it improves eye hand coordination and dexterity.   Seriously, he thought I'd believe that???

I was tired and ungroomed but this is another picture of growing Eli...at 36 1/2 weeks

And, of course, with our other growing boy cheezing. :)

Kissing baby brother
These are the pictures from the week. We are packing up to head to Helen for Thanksgiving so I will keep this short. As far as updates...
Eli is getting big....he has taken over all of the space I have and he is still pushing and prodding for more.  We had an ultrasound last week to check his weight.....they said he weighs 6 lbs 4 oz. Which makes him an 8 1/2 pound baby by the due date.....it was not in my plan to push out a baby over a pound bigger than what Jay was.....so I have been pouting this week.....and blaming Wes because he was a big baby too. Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful that he is healthy and growing baby but I do hope the u/s was just a little bit off. Call me crazy but it just doesn't thrill me to imagine an average sized baby coming out of me in a few weeks....much less a big baby!  So I have decided, in light of my overall morale as I go into labor, that I am going to forget the possibility of an 8 1/2 pounder and just pretend that he is no more than 7lbs....whatever I find out after the fact is fine but I'd rather not know going in. :)

Other than me and my fear of childbirth, not much is going on. I remember being scared to death with Jay as his due date approached and I thought, "at least with my next child I won't be scared since I'll know what to expect."  Haha!  The fact that I know what will happen is making me even more scared this time around!  But I will stop talking about my dramatic issues and just say that we are soooooo excited about Eli getting here soon!  I have four stockings hanging in my living room and every time I look up at them I smile. We can't wait to see his face (Wes thinks he will look just like Jay) and hold a sweet little newborn in our arms again. And I can't wait to see Jay as a big brother. He has been saying that he is going to be my "helper" when Eli comes which just melts my heart. I know a transition is inevitable but I also know that Jay will love and protect his baby brother for the rest of his life. And, as Eli grows, we will get to watch our little baby turn into a boy with his own personality and character, just as we have with Jay. We absolutely could not be more grateful that God has chosen to bless us with another precious boy!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling ok, but TOTALLY understand the pre-labor fears!! Michael says congrats to Wes on his excellent argument for a Wii, and Michael wishes his job demanded more eye hand coordination and dexterity. He is now arguing that Jack will need to develop these skills, and what better teacher than a Wii! Thanks, Wes!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete