Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

One week of freedom

Here is a video of Jay singing (if that's really the right word) to us on the way to Ga. He claims to have made this up himself. Right after I turned the camera off he shrugged his shoulders and said, "that's all I got."  I hated that I missed it in the video!  Papa Rich would have been so proud of his songwriting skills but would not have liked the genre. Jay is adamant that he doesn't like country though...what is a parent to do?!


Showing off his finished project with his first set of Gears from Mama and Papa Ross!


Showing off his picture for Daddy...2 jets, a big sword and sword holder, dots, and daddy

Eli is clapping for his smart brother

After we finished, silly boy crawled into the bucket

We went for an ice cream run one afternoon last week, Jay was covered it in by the time we left!

The cutest little cowboy ever!!

Mimi gave them matching cowboy hats and guns. They love them!

Discussing their plan. Basically this is how it goes. We all shoot the bad guys. One of us gets shot and falls over. The others rush to get the doctor kit and makes the fallen cowboy all better. Jay never gets tired of this game!!

So serious

Wes and I found this and thought it described how we run our household on a daily basis. :)

So let me tell you about our week!  Wes, poor thing, is working. I am in a hotel room ALL BY MYSELF until he gets back. We then go shopping and out to eat. Afterwards we come back, get in our pjs, and watch tv until we fall asleep. No crying, no poopy diapers, no arguments, no chaos! 

It has been lovely.

I was so giddy when the week started that I had to fight the urge to proclaim my new freedom to every person I saw. I seriously doubt the hotel clerk, wal mart worker, or random person in Applebees would have appreciated my excitement. So I have been controlling myself and just going about the day as if I always live this leisurely.

I've watched movies in bed and slept as late as I wanted. I went shopping today and caught up with friends on the phone. I have caught up on some reading and completed several projects that keep getting postponed. Tomorrow I will finish my "Downton Abbey" marathon, watch the Bachelor, and play on the internet. Perfect bliss!

Ok, now for the explanation. Wes had to come to Fort Stewart in Hinesville, Ga for two weeks to perform refractive surgery (Lasik, etc). Last week he was here by himself so Fran and Clara came for a visit (which I loved!). This week we came down with him and the Ross' (thank God for them!) drove over to get the boys and took them to their house for the week. They are having a blast so I don't feel guilty at all for endulging in my week of freedom. I do feel bad for Wes though, that he got the raw end of the deal. But someone has got to make the money, right?!

I will go get them Friday morning for us to drive back home that afternoon. And I will be ready! It was just the right amount of time for me to feel like I got a good break but I couldn't stand much longer without that chaos. I am missing them! And so is Wes. Even so, we have enjoyed this week and have surely met our date quota for the year.

I will get some updates up next week because if I start talking about all the cute things they do I am afraid I will start missing them too much. But just wanted to brag about how nice of a week we have had! :)

1 comment:

  1. ENJOY TODAY !!!!! Tomorrow your family will all be together again. Chaos starts all over. HAHA!
    Love You!!

    ReplyDelete