Jay, Eli, and June!

Jay, Eli, and June!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Halloween and More!

We have been busy since the last time I posted. I picked up a couple clinical groups mid-semester (and last minute) so I spend every spare moment grading papers and getting prepared for the next work day. When the dean called to see if I'd be interested in doing it I was sure I'd have to decline because of the whole child care issue. But within a few hours two of my old students said they would be able to do it so I figured that was a sign that I needed to take it. I was right in the middle of a "stir crazy" stage with the boys...this happens every few months or so when I simply cannot take the vicious cycle that is feeding, screaming, and pooping...each ending in their own disaster for me to handle...and I start to feel sorry for myself that my only purpose in life seems to be wiping butts and mouths so, it was a needed change for sure. I must say, however, that after the first day I was beat....beyond exhausted, I had forgotten how that "nurse" exhaustion felt, and then had to come home to two wild boys who saw no reason for me to need a second of peace, and I told Wes that night, "maybe I'm just not one of those women who can work and have kids..." (picture him rolling his eyes and muttering some not-so compassionate words under his breath). But by the second day I had adjusted and am actually enjoying the  change of pace...as long as its a temporary change of pace!  So, with all that said, I just have not had time for updates. So here they are....

Mom came to help me with the boys last week....I cannot wait to be closer to her soon!!!  It is such a blessing when she is here. As I keeping telling people, I need to move back to GA so all of the grandparents can raise our kids!

This one's a better pic of Eli, the other one is better of Jay....story of my life

Loving on me one morning....I was not a pretty sight but they were being so sweet Mimi just couldn't resist a picture or two

It looks like they were trying to kill me but, I promise, they were being sweet. :)

Batman!!

Poor little bro, gets the hand-me-down costume

He would not wear the hat though...glad I didn't spend any money on him this year!

Distracted for a moment, isn't he just the cutest little frog?!

And now just a bald head in a frog suit again


Headed to the neighbors for trick or treating

Mimi and her Batman

I had to work the next day so was adamant  that we would only go to a few houses in the neighborhood. We did that, walked home, Jay looked into his sad pumpkin with about 5 pieces of candy, and said in the most innocent tone, "but where's all my candy?" 

So we all piled into the car and went neighborhood hopping.

Eli really just wanted his bed but was a good sport. And Jay was very satisfied with his full bucket an hour later. 


Now just some random ones around the house.....

what is it with these boys and climbing on dishwashers....

he has been trying to get up here for three days and was thrilled with himself when he finally made it today!

going after the knives, I'm sure

Crawling around the football field while Jay plays t-ball


what a cute little ball player!

why throw it when you can eat it?  because it tastes so much better than the nasty food I cook for him, apparently

so sweet!


Showing off....he was a little concerned about this picture set up

Now for a less morbid scene

Eli was not having any more of this crazy mama photography

Jay's first pony ride!

I just can't help it....he is too cute!
rolling the ball down to Jay

"now how does it get all the way down there so fast?"

this boy loves playing catch

oh my, that may be too hard of a throw coming at little Eli

Posing for a picture before going on a walk. Jay knows the drill. Eli is not on board.

playing in Wes' truck....this was his helicopter

he has a cold and is getting his fourth tooth...he has been a mess today but was happy for a moment!

playing 'angry birds'

he is obsessed with this game

look who can climb the stairs!

on one hand, this may be a teeny bit on the dangerous side

on the other hand, it is easy entertainment

Opening their awesome halloween gifts from Aunt Ash!
I was going to put our Disney pics up too but it is late and I need to get back to grading....and I don't want to rush through narrating the trip....there are MANY stories to be told of our adventures in Disney World with our stubborn, emotional, wild man so I will do this later in the week when I have the energy to reminiscence.  We did have a great time though and I am so glad we left Eli with Mimi, Mama Ross, and Papa....his "old man" schedule (and old man personality) would not have survived the craziness!

3 comments:

  1. GREAT PICTURES. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THOSE OF DISNEY. GET THEM POSTED SUPERWOMAN. LOVE U!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AGREE WITH MIMI WANDA! LOVE THESE PICS AND WAITING ON THE DISNEY ONES! BEAUTIFUL FAMILY! LOVE YA'LL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the update; it sounds like you're enjoying a break from the poop by working at bit! Happy Thanksgiving to you and the Ross men.

    ReplyDelete